Flowers have given a lot of inspiration to people from all walks of life, whether you are a florist, a gardener, a painter, a photographer or a writer, one can draw inspirations from flowers.
This hub features some of my favorite quotations about flowers from the minds of great leaders, painters, great men and women. Mainly inspiring and positive affirmation on the beauty of flowers, also some thoughtful proverbs about flowers from different cultures.
If you have a favorite quote about flowers, please feel free to add it on the comment box.
Earth laughs in flowers. ~ Henry David Thoreau
- Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into. ~Henry Beecher, Life Thoughts, 1858
- Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844
- Where flowers bloom so does hope. - Lady Bird Johnson
- I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one. - Edna St. Vincent Millay
Be like the flower, turn your faces to the sun.
- Kahlil Gibran
- Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers also feed the soul. - The Koran
We have much to hope from the flowers. ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. ~Chinese Proverb
- The world is a rose; smell it and pass it to your friends. - Persian Proverb
- Happiness is to hold flowers in both hands. -Japanese Proverbs
- The rose has thorns only for those who would gather it. - Chinese proverb
- All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today. - Indian Proverb
- Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them. ~ Chinese proverb
- April showers bring forth May flowers. ~ English Proverb
Flowers are our greatest silent friends. ~ Jim Brown
- I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. - Emma Goldman
- Bloom where you are planted. - Mary Engelbreit
- There are always flowers for those who want to see them. ~ Henri Matisse
- A flower is relatively small... Still in a way-nobody sees a flower-so I said to myself-I'll paint it big. ~ Georgia O'Keefe
- Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts. ~ Sigmund Freud
- Flowers are love's truest language ~Park Benjamin (1809-1864)
Friends are flowers than never fade. ~ Anonymous
- What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet. - Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
- The flowers that sleep by night, opened their gentle eyes and turned them to the day. The light, creation's mind, was everywhere, and all things owned its power. ~ Charles Dickens
- I've always thought my flowers had souls. ~ Myrtle Reed
- The flowers take the tears of weeping night, and give them to the sun for the day's delight. ~ Joseph Cotter
- Let us open our leaves like a flower and be passive and receptive. -John Keats
If friends were flowers, I'd pick you. ~ Anonymous
- The men of experiment are like the ant; they only collect and use. But the bee . . . gathers its materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own. ~ Leonardo da Vinci
- As from a large heap of flowers many garlands and wreaths are made, so by a mortal in this life there is much good work to be done. ~ Buddha
- All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind. ~ Abraham Lincoln
nadia on June 24, 2014:
Flowers are always fresh as child.
soonam.nc on January 31, 2014:
The flowers are all over the world and looking so beautiful also . I like the flowers very much .and always flowers are looking so color ful .they have a nice petals .
joyce on January 10, 2014:
Hi thanks for the lovely inspiring quotes and the life giving colourful pictures. A treat for the soul indeed!!!
arun on December 31, 2013:
Flowers are best and most beautiful thing to shown our feeling.
dil on October 03, 2013:
its amazing quotes
sridevi on August 24, 2012:
Jackson on May 07, 2012:
Fragrances always cling to the hands of those who distribute roses.
Ramesh - india
owenhyde on May 07, 2012:
This is Owen Hyde,
I’m very interested in guest posting at your sites/ blogs. I discovered you by your site. I have gone through your site. I was really impressed and wanted to get involved. I am having a unique and fresh original content for “Flower “to share as a guest post. Let me know what you think. I hope all is well.
meena on April 29, 2012:
moe's mommy on February 24, 2012:
thanks for cheerfulness, you made me smile, great stuff to read with my coffee while baby's napping. :-)
manmeet kaur on February 21, 2012:
such cheerful proverbs ............... thanks
Gail Sobotkin from South Carolina on February 12, 2012:
Love the photos, especially the first one. I also enjoyed the quotations. This was a cheerful hub and I voted it up, beautiful and interesting.
Sindhu.n on December 24, 2011:
Amrita Sharma on December 21, 2011:
it's really so lovely & heart touching...............
gayathri on November 17, 2011:
it looks so nice....
Eman baloch on November 13, 2011:
These qoutes are nice bt u should add simple and short proverbs.
aisha on October 28, 2011:
Nice to see the quran mentioning this fact
abby on September 22, 2011:
blossoming,blooming brilliant flower
parneet on September 20, 2011:
florist Montreal on August 24, 2011:
Thanks for the post, really very nice proverbs!!!!!!!!!
Anwaraj on August 17, 2011:
aiman on April 20, 2011:
i reallyyy loke the quote of charles dackay
Anahid Jamgossian on April 10, 2011:
attention:PEPETTE 11 months ago
I saw a quote on a sign in a San Diego garden about flowers-with name Kuzuko ? as the source -but I cant remember it-only remember that I wanted to remember it. Does anybody out there know what I am trying to remember?
the quote you are trying to remember is the following:
In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
rajagopal on March 13, 2011:
When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other !!! - Just Great...Thanks for the collection
jaya on January 31, 2011:
Everybody cuts the flower because everyone likes but when ur cut the flower they feel unhappy. They wants only falls on soldiers tomb
saini on October 07, 2010:
its good collection which tells about your inner personality(nature lover)
epigramman on August 06, 2010:
...absolutely lovely display and presentation of flowers - and enhanced by wonderful quotes - which brings to mind my own personal quote about your hubs -
"Your hubs are like perennials - they just keep growing and growing and we keep enjoying and enjoying!"
deejmckay from USA on June 27, 2010:
Beautiful flower pictures. They look so real. Flowers make you feel better just looking at them. Thanks putting them in this hub.
ishneet kaur khalsa on May 06, 2010:
i like these all quotations actually i also want to be a poet
punjabian (P.C.S) on April 03, 2010:
Striking quotes...they helped me a lot 2 prepare my essay...I OWE U...
soniya verma on February 01, 2010:
really very nice proverbs
esha on January 14, 2010:
beautiful quotations!!!!!!!!!! i love it.
nikki1 on October 07, 2009:
wow.. what beautiful flowers. I love'm
Rachael on September 16, 2009:
just trying to find a quote to put on my art project...its very simply a blue board with a pink flower painted on it any ideas i would appreciate it
pooja on September 08, 2009:
ur phrases are lovely and i liked them
John Mathew on August 13, 2009:
What a nice site! 'It is hard to imagine this planet of ours without flowers. Just watch a honey bee. They go around embracing each flower with such affection and intensity'.
felicia cole on April 14, 2009:
I stumbled upon your site while looking for something , very nice pics. I'll be back Felicia
abanti on February 04, 2009:
i like all the proverbs given here. that specially flowers and friend than never fade.i love all flowers.
scorpion on January 17, 2008:
It is really hilarious to be among flowers and flowery quotes.
MM Del Rosario (author) from NSW, Australia on January 09, 2008:
Hi Lisa, thanks for that verse , it is beautiful. MM
Lisakg from Caribbean on January 09, 2008:
such a beautiful hub. I have book with poems only of flowers. I must look for it and probably post one or two for you. In the meantime here is one from the Song of Songs chap 2 verses 1 - 2.
I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys.
Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens.
MM Del Rosario (author) from NSW, Australia on January 09, 2008:
Thanks G-MA, I always love your visit. I have been taking photos since I got my digital camera 2 fyears ago and flowers are my favourite subject.
Hi Mr. M I will be making a hub about roses soon. I just can't find the pictures....
See you guys later...
MrMarmalade from Sydney on January 08, 2008:
great hub on flowers.
I am a rose lover.
A long time ago I knew a poem on a rose. Can not remember it on the spur of the moment
Merle Ann Johnson from NW in the land of the Free on January 08, 2008:
Very nice my dear...I like especially the "Indian proverb" all the floweres of all yesterdays are in the seeds of tomorrow..I hope i got that correct.. also the chinese one Flowers leave frangance on the hand that bestows them...lovely pics too G-Ma :O)