As a computer technician, he used and practiced many applications that helped and contributed to the success of his projects and works.
Portable network graphic images or PNG are images with blank/transparent backgrounds that can be used as photo editing subjects and images in web pages. It is also larger in size but higher quality than the JPG format. When used digitally, only the image is seen and the objects under the PNG layer is visible unlike with the JPG format that you need to edit the transparent color (in MS Word) or crop and erase the white area (MS Paint, Photoshop, etc.) to see what’s behind.
Uses of PNG Format Image
PNG format images are widely used as images in web layout and pages, can be added as a photo filter, for watermarks and labels. You can make an E-signature in a PNG format. You can also place a friend in a reunion picture if they were not present with their PNG image. There were so many instances where you can use a PNG format image in your day-to-day activities in work or in school.
Simple Methods in Making a PNG Format Image
Method 1: Photoshop
You can make a PNG image via Photoshop with some simple steps.
- Open Adobe Photoshop on your computer and click File>New, then set the size of your canvass.
- Place the image you want to be edited. Make sure your subject is in the image.
- Right click the name of your image on the layers tab and Rasterize it.
- Do some edits with the Quick Selection Tool or the Eraser Tool to remove other parts you don’t want to be in your image.
- Then tick the Visibility option of your background layer to hide it.
If you’re done editing, go to File>Save As. Rename your image and change the file type from PSD to PNG. Then hit Save.
Method 2: Sketchbook Pro
- Open Autodesk Sketchbook in your android smartphone and start a new sketch.
- Import the image you want to edit and place it in the canvass.
- Do some editing with the Eraser from the Library.
- When you’re done, hide the Background layer then save your image.
Now you have your PNG image with just simple steps from user-friendly software and apps available in your PC and Android phone.
Basic Application and Use of PNG Format Images
The next thing to know is where you will use that image format. Good thing there’s a lot of applications and documents where you will need those images you’ve made.
Signatures for Paperless Transactions
You can place your signature without downloading, printing, signing and scanning then sending it back to the other person. You can edit the document with any document editing applications like MS Word for PC or WPS Office in Android. You can now place your sign in the designated spot.
Online Streaming Layouts
You can use your PNG Image in your streams as border designs or objects. Streams in applications like OBS Studio and Wirecast for PC or Streamlabs for Android were the best examples especially if your image has an abstract edges or indefinite lines and strokes.
Posters and Print Layouts
You can edit pictures in MS Publisher or place images in MS Word without doing the “Set Transparent Color” feature. You can place any PNG format images without worrying about the layer behind it.
There were many more options where you can use a PNG format image. Just remember that it is larger than the JPG format in file size.
© 2020 Klarenz V