Have those used paper sheets hanging around? With a few supplies from around the house and basic instructions, you’re good to make handmade paper and be friendly to the environment. There is no need of any supplies to be specially bought from the market.
Supplies for Making Paper
You will need the following items to make paper:
- Scrap Papers
- Kitchen blender
- Towels or other absorbent material
- Cornstarch (Optional)
- Start by taking off some scrap paper and trim it into tiny pieces.
- Soak the paper from 2- 24 hours depending on the thickness of the paper.
- Blend the mixture and make pulp out of it.
- Take some water add the pulp and cornstarch to it. Make sure to add it in 4:1.
- Put the strainer into the water mixture and pull it out slowly. Make sure the utensil that you use is a bit larger than the strainer, so that it is easy for you to pull it out.
- With the help of the sponge drain out the excess water.
- Transfer the paper onto the towel (lie the strainer upside down on the towel and let it come out slowly) and let it dry.
- Be very gentle with the whole process. And tada!! Your handmade paper is ready
A pro tip - you can add any colour to the paper if you want, you can use any natural ingredients to add to the mixture such as turmeric or coffee or use poster colours.
Also if you have left over pulp, you can save it too. Take a piece of a cotton cloth drain all the mixture on it, squeeze the excess water, and let it dry. To reuse the mixture, simply soak it overnight, and blend it again.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 PGupta0919