Make a Frozen Olaf watermelon
In the Disney movie Frozen, Olaf dreamed how much cooler he'll be in summer, only fitting , to have an Olaf watermelon. Read on for easy intrusions on how to make this cool centerpiece.
What You Will Need
2 Copies of the pattern
Any size will do, this is a small one. Adjust the size of the stencil to fit the watermelon. Pick a watermelon that can stand by itself, or cut the bottom off, to to make it level
2 Copies of the pateren
Having two copies of the stencils is away's a good practice to have. One is for the pumpkin, one for reference
Click HERE to get your free stencil from my blog
You can find this in the craft stores, and yes I did find this in the craft section at Walmart . This sprays a thin layer of glue onto the back of the paper turning, it into a giant sticker
I used Loew-Cornell word carving knives, but you can use a paring knife. These carving knives last longer then the plastic tools you find at Halloween, they don't brake. The handle is comfortable, you have full control over the blade, it won't slip
Have You Carved A Watermelon?
Loew-Cornell Wood Carving Knives,
Use the thumb tack that is pictured, it will give you a better grip, you can also use a tip of a nail. Don't use the poking tool that comes out at Halloween they are not sharp, hard to use and make a mess of the pattern
You can find liquid food coloring at the grocery store. You can mix your own colors, or buy the black and orange separately. I used the neon food coloring here.
1. Click HERE to get your free Stencil from my blog
This is a stencil I made I made for this Halloween. Ignore the white line connecting the buttons on his belly. This used to connect the buttons when cutting holes into the pumpkin. Seeing that we are scraping the watermelon, there is no need for the connecting line.
2. Spray the back of the Stencil with a thin layer of spray adhesive (you now have a giant sticker)
3. Stick the stencil onto the watermelon, smooth out any wrinkles as best you can.
4. With a thumb tack poke small holes outlining the pattern
5. Pull off the stencil, it is easy to remove. There will be some glue residue left behind, which you can rub off
6. Wait about 10 min. for the skin to heal itself. This makes the holes easier to see, they turn brown in color
7. Connect the dots. Cut just below the skin of the watermelon. Don't cut all the way through the watermelon
8. With the carving tool that has a semicircle at the end, scrape or peel the skin off
9. Add color the watermelon. Orange for the nose 1 drop red 2 drops yellow. Black for Olaf's hair 2 drops blue 2 drops yellow 2 drops red. Use toothpick to apply the colour
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- National Watermelon Day is:
- July 5
- August 3
- June 17
- The Japanese Densuke watermelon sell for what price at the Toronto Loblaw's
- The Heaviest watermelon grown by accountant Chris Kent weighed in 2013 was
- The ingredients needed for a great watermelon martini are chopped watermelon, ice , and what other ingredient?
- A watermelon is a:
- August 3
© 2014 English-lion