A Sample of What you can Create
Your Supply List
Before you begin, you may want to gather some supplies. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Cardboard squares: at least 6 inches by 6 inches. However, they don't have to be squares. You can get creative.
- Pen or pencil
- String: A little thickness or sturdiness is better.
- Aluminum foil
- Markers, crayon or paint
- Craft beads or jewels
- Pipe cleaners
- Popsicle sticks
- Construction paper
- Anything else you may want to add to your art
In Addition to Supplies, Find a Nice Smooth Surface to Work On
1. On your cardboard, create a drawing.
You may want to start out simple. Don't worry if you make mistakes—you can correct these and the image will be covered over anyway.
I decided on a boat in the water with a sun and a bird.
2. Run a line of glue along the lines of your drawing.
3. Cut the string or twine and place it over the glue version of your drawing.
4. Take a strip of foil and cover the cardboard.
I kept the shiny side up because I was using non-stick foil. It really shouldn't matter though. If you want a brighter image place the shiny end up. If you want one where the colors might be more distinct, keep the shiny end down.
Don't use a piece of foil too big, but you want to be able to wrap it behind the cardboard to help it stick better. You can also put dabs of glue around your drawing on the cardboard surface.
Press down hard so the image takes shape
As you color, your picture starts coming to life
Now it's display time
Hang it up in your kitchen or on a wall for everyone to see!!
Thank you folks. I hope you enjoyed this activity. Craft projects are a great way to pass the time or break the ice in gatherings. And when you can use common objects or simple tools, it makes it easier.
If you can, please answer a few questions below and offer any comments. I hope to be posting more soon.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Fin