Homemade Dog Food Health Benefits
Home dog food is the newest way to show your dog how much you care. There is no need to shell out big bucks every month for the top names in dog food. Making homemade dog food is the best way to improve your dog's health and know exactly what is going into your dog's mouth. Homemade dog food recipes can be made with your ideal diet in mind. Homemade dog food recipes can be adjusted to add more protein to your dog's diet or you can make your dog's diet 100% vegetarian. You are putting your dog's health back in your hands and taking it out of the dog food company's.
The Benefits of Homemade Dog Food - Why Homemade Dog Food Helps Your Dog
The benefits of homemade dog food are endless. It is free of additives, preservatives, and chemicals because you make it fresh at home. Also, your dog gets a better variety of foods; not just a bag of dried pellets that taste the same day after day. Homemade dog food promotes better health for your dog. They have shinier coats, better breath, and less gas. This will lead to a longer, happier life for your dog which means less vet visits for you.
Let's recap the benefits of homemade dog food:
- You're In Complete Control Of The Contents
- Health Benefits
- Less Health Care Costs
- All Natural Ingredients
Homemade Dog Food Recipe - Doggy Meatloaf with Vegetables Recipe
Homemade Dog Food Recipe
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, grated 1 apple, cored and diced
2 eggs 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
1 cup regular rolled oats
1 cup wheat germ 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste 4 medium potatoes, cubed
3 carrots, chopped 1 stalk celery, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a large roasting pan with oil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, 3 stalks of celery, grated carrots, apple, eggs, bread, oats, wheat germ and tomato paste using your hands. Divide the meat mixture into four equal parts and make loaf shapes. Place the loaves in the roasting pan. Surround them with the potatoes, remaining carrots and remaining celery. Cover the pan with a lid.
3. Bake for 80 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the meat is cooked through. The internal temperature should be 175 degrees F (80 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Allow to cool.
4. Portion the food into containers with one loaf and one quarter of the vegetables in each one. Refrigerate. To serve, give your dog 1/3 of a container with each portion of kibble.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com.
Picture courtesy of Charyn Pfeuffer on Creative Commons.
- 11 Best Homemade Dog Food Recipes | PlayBarkRun
Home made dog food is always the best.
- Homemade Dog Treat Recipes You Can Make in Your Own Kitchen
Did you know that you can make your own homemade organic dog treats? A favorite dog treat recipe can be easily changed to use organic ingredients. ...
- Easy Homemade Dog Food Crockpot Recipe with Ground Chicken
If your dog is picky about the food he eats or suffers from food allergies, here is an easy homemade dog food crockpot recipe that helps my dog.