Could've knocked me flat with a cat hair . . .
My cat Mocha Joe was DIAGNOSED WITH KIDNEY PROBLEMS in December 2005.
PROGNOSIS: Mocha Joe had 3 months to a year.
I used SPRING FOREST QIGONG techniques (that I'd just learned) on Mocha Joe. After three qigong sessions in one week, Joe was running and playing like a 3 year old (he was 12).
"Hmmm," I thought, "I didn't really think this would work."
But Mocha Joe stopped taking medication two years ago. I still give him IV fluids once every 2-3 weeks. His LAST BLOOD TEST (5/08) WAS NORMAL.
Really . . . if I can use Spring Forest Qigong, anyone can.
(Note: Qigong is way to facilitate healing, the healing did not come from me. There are other types of qigong, but Spring Forest is the only one I'm familiar with).
UPDATE: March 2009: Mocha Joe has been off medications and IV fluids for the past 8 months.
UPDATE: March 2010: Mocha Joe still "paws me awake" every morning at 6. He has stayed off medication.
UPDATE: July 2011: He's more spoiled than ever! Still doing well.
UPDATE: July 2012: Mocha Joe is 18 now and showing his age.
UPDATE: Sept 2012: Mocha Joe died on Sept. 7. I'm grateful he was with me for so many years. Thanks to Spring Forest Qigong he was around 5 more years than he was "supposed" to be.
Basic Information About Spring Forest QiGong - Info from Spring Forest Qigong manual
- Spring Forest Qigong was developed by CHUNYI LIN, and is promoted and distributed by Learning Strategies Corporation. It is an EASY TO LEARN set of exercises and meditations that Chunyi Lin has found to be effective when practiced by anyone: even me, even you.
- An IMBALANCE IN YIN (female) ENERGY AND YANG (male) ENERGY IN THE BODY CAUSES ENERGY BLOCKAGES. When energy cannot flow freely throughout the body, body functions are disrupted.
- If energy cannot flow to all parts of the body, we eventually feel sick. TO GET WELL, the blockages must be removed.
- Qigong exercise and meditations are an ACTIVE AND PREVENTIVE way to remove energy blockages and heal the body. Today, the effectiveness of qigong is documented by science.
- Chunyi Lin explains the principles behind the exercises and meditations as he teaches them.
- Spring Forest Qigong WORKS WELL WITH WESTERN MEDICINE. For example, it can speed the healing process after surgery and help dissipate pain.
Its all about the balance and flow of energy
Book by Chunyi Lin - Read it from the horse's mouth
- SPRING FOREST QIGONG
You can learn these exercises by attending a seminar, or by ordering a home-learning package (what I did). I helped Mocha Joe after going through the Level 1 home course just once. The DVDs make it so easy to understand the movements, and the package
Video About Spring Forest Qigong
Healing Stories on Video
This Game Demonstrates the Power of Your Mind
Taken from the Spring Forest Qigong manual
Find the bottom lines in both of your hands where the wrists and the hands join.
Put these two lines together and compare your fingers to see which hand has the longer fingers.
Put the hand with the longer fingers down and raise the other hand with your fingers gently stretched open. (If the fingers in both hands are the same size, just put either of your hands up and put the other one down.)
Close your eyes.
Concentrate your mind on the fingers of the hand you have raised and repeat in your mind for one to two minutes, "My fingers are growing longer, longer, longer."
Open your eyes and compare your fingers by lining up the bottom of your hands just as when you started the game.
Amazingly, the fingers have become longer! The fingers will go back to their original length when you talk to your mind, "My fingers go back to normal."
The game works because we simply put energy into our fingers causing finger joints to open and the fingers to become longer. And now, do you see a hint here for healing yourself?
~ Chunyi Lin ~
Pet Energy Healing Resources
The International Alliance for Animal Therapy and Healing (IAATH) is dedicated to the advancement and awareness of healing and health options for animals.
- Animal Spirit Healing & Education Network - A Healing Arts Community and Education Resource
Animal Spirit Healing & Education Network is a collaborative school, offering educational classes and certificate programs in holistic animal care and intuitive healing arts.
- Animal Energy Healing using EFT
Animal Healing with EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques. For Healing Animals, Pet Health, Pet Bereavement, Pet Loss
- Official Website / Komitor Healing Method, Inc.
Healing Touch for AnimalsÂ® / Komitor Healing Method, Inc. (HTA/KHM) uses bio-field therapies - recognized by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) - to integrate, balance and clear the energy body.
- Tellington TTouch for Animals
Holistic health care, behavior and training approach for your horse, dog, cat or other pet.
- Hearts At Ease
Training and behavior methods for your dog, horse, cat and pets using the Tellington TTouch. Free articles offered.
- Animal Reiki Source
For animal lovers interested in holistic therapies and looking for ways to empower yourself to help your animal companions.
American Holistic Veterinary Association
- Qigong Institute
A great deal of information here, plus a directory of qigong teachers and practitioners.
- Qigong Association of America
You will find articles, a great resource page, a qigong store and more.
- Energy Healing Online Class
Only $50.00 which includes certificate a 1 CEU. Without certificate and CEU the class is $25.00. For beginners.
I should have done this years ago!
Six Factors that Block Qi
Taken from Spring Forest manual
EMOTION: the biggest cause of blockages.
NUTRITION: food has Qi, so has an impact on our body's energy balance.
CHANGES OF THE WEATHER AND THE SEASONS: qigong adjusts our energy to the changes before blockages occur.
ENVIRONMENT: a toxic world, and the way energy flows where we live, affects our energy.
WRONG MEDICATION: this includes wrong medication, side effects, and inaccurate diagnosis.
Chunyi Lin's Credentials
- Studied with a Shao-Lin Temple Buddhist, Master Yao, Master Yian in Guanglong Province, the famed Master Zhang in Chin's Xichuan Province, and other respected masters.
- Master Lin meditated and practiced in caves on Mount QingChen and Mount Dinghu. Cave meditation is considered the most powerful way to develp intuition, perseverance, patience, and tranquility, in the Chinese culture.
- Is fluent in 5 unrelated Chinese languages. This made if possible for Chunyi Lin to learn from masters living off the beaten path.
- Master Lin arrived in the U.S. in 1995, having already laid down the fundamentals of Spring Forest Qigong the year before.
- Since arriving in the U.S., Chunyi Lin has taught Qigong at the University of St. Thomas, Park Nicollet Medical Center, the University of Minnesota, Anoka Ramsey Commuity College, (all in Minnesota) and University of Toledo.
- Has been involved in research programs with organizations such as the University of Minnesota, and speaks often at health conferences.
- Chunyi Lin has a wife, Fang, son Ming, and daughter Crystal. They live in the Twin Cities, MN.
JodiFromFlorida on May 08, 2012:
Interesting lens!I taught a friend of mine EFT when her cat was dying about 2 years ago and he made a full recovery - even the vet couldn't believe it!
Cathy Slaght from St. Petersburg, Fl on September 12, 2011:
QiGong is powerful for pets. I work with a software program that sends qigong vibration to people and animals. This has helped get across the power of qigong, because even the biggest skeptic has to admit they experience results.when subtle qigong energy is sent daily- www.checkyourvibe.com
Renaissance Woman from Colorado on August 10, 2011:
I am quite interested in learning about energy flow and ancient healing methods. It makes sense to me that this would be healthy and effective for our animals. Having brought my three kittens back from the vet today (after surgery), I sure would love to be able to support their healing in every possible way. I will follow up with additional reading. Thank you.
RinchenChodron on September 18, 2010:
I have done Qigung for myself and I do have a cat - will have to research this some more. Thanks for the tips.
KimGiancaterino on September 16, 2010:
Very interesting. I have several feral cats, and like to do things as naturally as possible for them. I'm finally able to pet my wildest girl. She does seem calmer after being touched and talked to.
Delia on September 09, 2010:
very interesting lens! I'm going to read up on this..thanks for sharing!
Mona from Iowa on April 19, 2010:
Great lens. I got curious to see what else you were doing after the latest poems lens. I did yoga daily for years but quite a while ago. My husband still does Tai Chi and occasionally Qigong. But I really didn't know much about it. Thanks for making such an informative lens.
Amazinghealth4u on March 28, 2009:
I love your lens. Forms of energy healing have been around for centuries and now in this global age they are gaining momentum worldwide. Your picture of the massaging cats is a classic - it would put a smile on anyone's face.
awakeningwellness on November 16, 2008:
This was very interesting, I've never heard of doing Qigong on animals.
You might want to check out my lenses on healing pets with Reiki and EFT.