Eight Human Food Not To Feed your Cat
There are some foods that are bad for cats. Foods such as apples, grapes and chocolate - all of these foods contain a toxic compound called solanine that is found in varying degrees in all these food items. If they eat any of these foods, they can end up with kidney failure.
We often make the mistake of feeding our pets human food, without proper consideration. This article describes eight human foods that cats should never be fed with.
Some foods may be suitable for humans but not for cats. Cats are carnivores and require different nutrition from humans. Feeding your cat a biscuit or a corn chip will not benefit them in any way and may actually cause harm to their digestive system in the long run.
This list is created by the animal experts at PetHelpful.com, who have a combined 10 years of experience working with animals. The list is compiled from extensive research, consultation with veterinarians and other animal professionals, and their own personal experiences in their homes with pet cats.
This article will educate and caution cat owners about the negative effects that certain human food can have on cats. It has been written to help them understand what types of foods can be harmful for their feline friends and looks at some of the worst offenders on the list in detail.
The list is compiled from extensive research, consultation with veterinarians and other animal professionals, and their own personal experiences in their homes with pet cats. This article will educate and caution cat owners about the negative effects that certain
Some of these items may seem harmless, but they can actually be quite dangerous.
1. Avocado: This green fruit is not good for your cat because it can cause the animal to develop an upset stomach, vomiting and diarrhea.
2. Chocolate: Chocolate is a poisonous substance that can result in severe vomiting, diarrhea and heart rhythm abnormalities in cats.
Chocolate contains theobromine which is a stimulant also found in tea and coffee and can cause heart arrhythmias, seizures, and death within a few hours of consumption.
Cats are sensitive to theobromine and caffeine and because of that, it is not a good idea to provide them with chocolate.
3. Onion: Onion contains Sulfoxides, which are toxic to cats when ingested and can even lead to death because of the acidity levels in the plant's cells.
4. Dairy products: Cats don't have enough of a lactase enzyme in their digestive system to break down milk sugars (resulting in flatulence), so dairy products should not be given as food for the animals under any circumstances
5.Grapes: Animals can't digest grapes which are harmful for their kidneys as well as intestinal tract.
6. Raw eggs, milk or cheese: Feeding animals raw eggs will result in them getting salmonella poisoning. And milk or cheese can lead to other bacterial infections like listeriosis or brucellosis in cats.
7 Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages contain ethyl alcohol or ethanol which can kill cats if they ingest the liquid due to their low tolerance of this chemical compound.
8. Caffeine: Caffeine's stimulant properties are great for people but can make a cat hyper or anxious.
In this article, we will be discussing the eight human foods that are not safe for cats. These foods can be potentially lethal to your feline friend.
We have come up with a list of some of the common human foods that shouldn’t be given to cats. These include chocolate, coffee, avocado and macadamia nuts.
This article is about eight human food not to feed your cat. Most of the time, they may enjoy it but at the same time, they can't eat this without any side effect on their health.
Cats are carnivores so it is best for them to eat food that has meat in it. It can cause them different health problems if they eat food that is made from plants.
In this section, we will be exploring eight human food to avoid feeding your cat.
It is easy to assume that cats’ dietary needs are the same as ours, that is not true. Cats need different foods and they need more of it.
Below you will find a list of human food which should not be given to your cat:
Tea Bags or Green Tea Leaves
It is important not to confuse what food is appropriate for your cat and what isn't. In this article, we will highlight eight human foods that you're better off not feeding your cat.